0

49 Days until see my family again and QUIT MY JOB!!!

Posted by Jeremy on 4:45 AM
Today marks the day of yet another thing that I have accomplished throughout my short yet very full Air Force Career. As I look back over the past 6 years, I can see where he has been guiding me, even when I didn't know it. To Him be all the glory of anything that is brought out of my career and from here on out.

Early on, in my career, actually right at my first year in, I achieved the one goal, I did not think I could fulfill. This is something that most in the Air Force never have a chance at having the opportunity, and all most all of POL never have the chance. This was the great June day in Savannah Georgia, when I got to strap on a McDonnell Douglas F-15D Eagle for about 2-2 1/2 hours...

Shortly after that, I achieved one of the greatest achievements of my career, by being selected as Senior Airman Below-The-Zone. This is an honor for less than 2% of the Air Force's Airman First Class.

Another thing to check off the list was the opportunity to travel the world with my family throughout England, Scotland, France, Germany, and Qatar.

After that I was afforded the opportunity to test for Staff Sergeant (SSgt) and was promoted over 70% of the SrA in the Air Force and 96% of the first time testers. Getting selected as a Non-Commissioned Officer was a completely life changing event being charged with the responsibilty of an NCO.

Then I come to today, which is Testing for Technical Sergeant (TSgt) before my 6 year mark. Everything prior to this has led up to my opportunity to actually get to test for E-6 out of E-9. This leaves 3 ranks left to the highest enlisted rank in the Air Force. I don't know what the statistics are but out of all the POL people I have met in my career across 5 bases, (including tech school and deployed) I have only ever met 3 people that have tested prior to 6 years and made it and the stats for people who test prior to their 6 years has to be less than 10%. With all this said, to God be all that glory... It is just incredible what God can do in a little 'ol West Virginia boy.. haha but the last thing to check off is going to be separating honorably... :)

49 Days until I see my family again, and I quit my job!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 How God is at work in my life... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek.