0

"Obamacans"

Posted by Jeremy on 5:01 AM
Where do I start?  There always comes a point in just about every situation, every point of view, every period of time, where you have to take a step back and really look at things.  This is coming from a very hard core republican for life.  

First of all, McCain is now focused on the democrats.  He has been for a while but has been distracted by the measly other campaigners.  One thing I see with the republicans is they are still focused on the same ideas for the past 25-30 years.  I have agreed in the past that the big bad government needs to stay out of my life, and let me do the things I want to do with the money I have!  The thing I have seen in the 10 years I have been in the real world is the government says what we can and can't do.  They already take a quarter of our paycheck, and they have gave away more money that we have to other interests around the world.  I believe we could have spent more of that on our healthcare, on our education, on our transportation system, on our research for better, more efficient energy.  When I hear John McCain say he believes in the people and the will and drive within the people of America.  Honestly, this type of thinking has been given the chance.  We have had pretty much 16 years that I can remember of this type of thinking.  In that 16 years health care costs have become unreachable, CEO's having runaway salaries.  In 1980 the average of CEO made 42 times the average pay of the average factory worker.  By 1998, those CEOs had quintupled that amount up to 412 times the average pay of a factory worker.  The top 5 CEOs are getting over 200 Million dollars a year... This is what is wrong with the country, It is true. The rich get richer.  Even Oprah doesn't make over 200 Million Dollars a year.   
  
My point is America has had its chance, and as some of the people on the left have been giving the warning shot that America has been in the same rut, and the government is using the resources elsewhere instead of investing back into the people.  This includes the Clinton times.  1998 was Clinton's sixth year so the democrats cannot escape from this equation.  America want's change.  McCain is as hard as it is for me to say, just one in the same with the rest of the party, IN MY OPINION.  I want change.  I want to see if life can be easier, and if anyone can make it to the american dream anymore, and not just the rich kid's kids that have what they think is the dream.  

I won't even discuss Hillary.  It is a shame and a joke to the entire political process that she is putting herself in harms way.  She is spewing politcal puke all over our media, and it is quite frankly disgusting.

Obama on the other hand is different.  He is different than the other democrats and republicans.  2 years ago, I was sitting in England watching CSPAN or something watching Obama talk about the issues.  He was standing in Congress scolding everyone that was sitting in there about how much of a tragedy it was that they would sit around and discuss some of the craziest topics like gay marriage when they have so many other things that are more pressing for Americans.  Please feel free to go and read most of his speeches.  http://obama.senate.gov/speech/ You have to believe me and go out and do your own research on this man.  YOU HAVE TO DECIDE YOURSELF.  

You cannot go by him being a democrat, or raised muslim, or a black guy... This guy thinks very differently from the Left wing Democrats.  Most Democrats care about getting a democrat into the whitehouse and making government control everything including health care.  

A few quick tips on Obama that go against Democrats.  He has voted No on every bill that sympathizes with abortion, he voted against the war, he votes FOR veterans, he voted no for gay marriage, because he believes in a man and a woman, he votes no for universal health care.  He wants healthcare affordable but not universal, Hillary will penalize you and dock your wages if you don't buy health care.  

All of these issues are HUGE when it comes to a democrat.  That is just a little bit of Obama that I have done research on.  I respect McCain more than any other politician in this country, however, I do not believe he has the vision that Obama encompasses.  

Obama is change, and he recognizes that is will not be easy.  The fact that he has verbalized that is not going to be easy, and that it is a real CHANGE MOVEMENT, that is what it is going to take.  Obama is HOPE, we have to get past the politicians that we have always known and let ourselves be heard.  This is a Democracy... We are supposed to be heard.  We are supposed to protest.  We are supposed to be taken care of.  

Now you are going to have to make the decision whether or not to give him the chance or not.  Is it worth your four years to gamble on the chance of real change?  

Getting back to what I said two years ago watching him on CSPAN in England... I told Jayme to come in and listen, because I couldn't believe it!  I said then, if this guy runs, he will be the next President along with having my vote.  

Lets rename the independant party to the Obamacans, or whatever else.. 

You decide... Go out an do the research and tell somebody what you found...

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 How God is at work in my life... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek.