0

61 Days until I see my family again!!!

Posted by Jeremy on 4:39 AM

Well, God has blessed us even more today watching them over 1300 miles to get them safely to their destination!  WooHoo!  Now we just have one more!  :)  but I am so excited for them to enjoy themselves for a little bit.  I know Jordan will have a great time causing trouble with his cousins. 

Sort of a continued blog from yesterday, I have to say just how incredible of a person that God blessed me with.  To start off, if you don't believe in God, or don't believe God works in your lives, this was our start.  I grew up in the church, Sunday Morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night.  Every week was like that until the 9ers were in the NFC championship, I was allowed to skip Sunday night church.  But Jayme had a different childhood when it came to church.  Especially when it came to Nazarene, which is the weird part about her coming to Mount Vernon Nazarene College.  She had been dating a guy who's dad was a Nazarene pastor and whose Aunt and Uncle are Les and Leslie Parrot.  If you don't know them, thats ok, I didn't either until I grew up.  but they do a lot of Marriage Conferences, and books based on Christian Values.   This guys Grand father helped build and rebuild as the President of Olivet Nazarene University back in 1939.  But to make a VERY long story just a little bit shorter, this guy's mother said that Jayme should check out Mt. Vernon.  Not knowing anything about her Christian life, and knowing that Jayme wasn't a Nazarene.   All along this time, I was NOT going to MVNC...  That was it.. I just wasn't.  My Dad was in the first class there, and my sister was currently attending there, so I wasnt going...  Nope.. No Seriously... I wasn't going... I wouldn't go to college, if I HAD to go there.   Well that summer all the Nazarene teens got together in Toronto, Canada for the Nazarene Youth Congress, and most of the Teens from the District were going to MVNC, and wanted me to go, and much to their dismay I wasn't going and frankly, my dear, I didnt care!  haha  It was terrible, but I just wasn't going.  Well to make that week shorter, I had never been closer to God and what he wanted to do with my life, and the last night there.  All the teens were together in our district and I told them I would see them at MVNC in just a few weeks.   So I had to rush to get my admissions through and all the other stuff ready and moved in... The first day there we had some orientation in the chapel, and my friend and I had gotten there a little late, so we sat in the back row in the front section no one around us at all for 5 rows or so.  We weren't there for 5 minutes and this group of girls came in and sat right next to us...  There was 2 guys sitting on the end of the row in the back, and these 4-5 girls come all the way down the row and sit right next to us.  Didn't say a word just sat down.  :/  It wasn't long before they did the corny thing and asked us what time it was... well I will give you one guess who that one corny girl was... haha  fast forward about 3 years, It was late August 2001 and I had moved to Columbus, Jayme had left MVNC and moved to Columbus and was attending Ohio State.  God had sent an AF recruiter into the back of Walmart into the Photocenter to get me into the AF.  Turns out this guys was a pastor.  I talked with Jayme about it, and went and processed for the Military.  about 12 days later the world as we know it changed on Sept. 11th.  So After that we had a lot of discussions about what to do, and by the time I was supposed to leave in January, WE decided I shouldn't go.   So my date to leave came and passed and that recruiter found me at a new job and came over there to talk to me about my decision.  Long story short we had a good long talk about life and God's will, and I was signed up to go.  I said Jayme and I were getting married early April so I couldn't go until after the 15th of April.  So he was happy with this, went on his merry way and called me back after lunch that day and said "You said you could go after the 15th right? Well how about the 16th"  Well... I said anything after the 15th... I guess that means the 16th too... So that was the deal, Jayme and I had talked about it more, and She wasn't happy at all, and it was a weird situation but it came down to me saying 'I am going, you can go or you can stay" and She knew that wasn't me talking so she got on board.  It was totally out of our hands.  

From the very first day that I met her sitting there in tha Chapel, she has never stopped caring for me, loving me, supporting me, thinking about me, taking care of me, watching over me, etc.  I could go on forever, but most days I get a realization of how she cares more about me than I do!  She is always thinking of me, trying to change herself for me (I'm sucha jerk), turning the toilet paper around, anything that will make me feel better all around.  I could never ask for anything more.  She was soo scared to leave me here alone, because she didn't think I would take care of myself, not she didn't think I could, just that I would. 

I could seriously go on forever, but I pray every day and thank God for her and the incredible things she has brought into our marriage, and family. 

61 Days until I see my family again!!!


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 How God is at work in my life... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek.