0

72 days until I quit my job...

Posted by Jeremy on 4:29 AM

Hello again, 

     It was brought to my attention that the comment I made about me being not much for nothing without Jayme and Joel Osteen was a little out of line.  Well here is my reply to that. 

I feel God has worked through them to make me better by telling me over and over, just in the right times when I feel like giving up on all of it, that I can do it. I know I can do all thing through Christ who strenthgens me, its just them doing his work! :) I can look back through my life and see those people all the way through my life. I would say the first I could remember would probably be my mom, then Helen Carter, Pastor Baker, Randall (Ryans dad), Greg Gilberto, then Ryan, Helen Hall, Tom and Pastor Nathan, Matt Shetler, Lori, Yvonne, Donnell, Lyndon, Jayme, My last Chief (Chief Weyrauch), and then Joel Osteen.

I am sure there are so many people that I missed but its early! but even if these people didn't know, they were all an example for me, that motivated me.

Everyone of those people at some time were there for me right at the time I needed them most. And I owe my life to them for doing God's work and caring for me at those times.

One more thing I have to write about is something I haven't wrote about yet.  Monday started our church's 21 day fast. I decided to fast Sugar, Soda, and Fast Food.  Well let me tell you, it has been anything but easy.  Every single time I go to grab a hershey kiss, or a soda for lunch, I realize I can't.  And right when I am about to throw it all our the window, I realize just how silly, and rediculous that is.  It is all just something you put in your body that, lets face it, isn't good no matter how you look at it.  But still, everytime I get that urge, it is almost like WW3 inside me "saying who cares just eat it" and the other side saying, "Are you seriously about to give up? Do you understand what Jesus went through?"  Ofcourse, I don't do it and then spend the next 10-20 minutes thinking how silly it was to even think otherwise.  This is different than a diet, Im not doing it for that, it is just something I knew I was attached to.  There was no way I could do a total fast and still function at PT and work, so I had to pick the next best thing, and you got it.  If you don't think its hard try it for 2 days, then you will realize how quickly you are dependant on it. 

72 days until I quit my job...


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 How God is at work in my life... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek.