0

69 days until I quit my job...

Posted by Jeremy on 4:32 AM

Well, Really Quick, Last Night When I Went To Bed, I Was Really Excited Because I Turned My Alarm Off, I Got In Bed About 11ish And Was Excited About Sleeping In.  (ok I can't do that Capitalizing every word thing anymore, it takes forever!)  haha Also, just a quick bit of info, which is what makes all that stuff before this make since, is I wake up at 4AM Sunday-Saturday.. so thats why I was excited. But apparently I do have that alarm clock that says "WAKE UP" about 4:45AM just to make sure Im not going to be late for work or PT.  so I am not going to complain, but that will be perfect back on the East coast... a nice 6:45AM Wake up Call courtesy of my brain.  You know, I really do appreciate it!  haha 

Last night we went to spend some time with friends of ours that we have had our whole AF Career, even though we had a break for a while, we always seem to find the best friends in the world where you can not talk to someone for 5 and a half years and it still be like we never left.  I have to thank God for giving me of all people friends like that.  I've got Ryan in WV, who if I am lucky I have seen twice since I joined the Air Force, All my friends in Wooster, Maybe 3 times, a very select few friends I had at Wooster High who even though we haven't seen each other since graduation we still want to get the kids together and have a coffee or something.  It took me a long time to realize, but Friends that God puts in your lives, are those ones that you could never get the chance to hang out again, but you still know that if you needed to talk to that person or go over to their house, they would ask you why you weren't already there.  God is Great.

 I get the pleasure of listening to Wooster Church of the Naz's Worship sessions and Messages. I try to listen to them regulary so I can really see where the church is going back home.  I guess I should explain that situation real quick.  But a Really long story short.  I always say "I AM NOT GOING BACK TO ____!  <-- Enter the next place God is going to send me."  No seriously... 

We moved to NEW MEXICO to be close enough to Houston to be able to interview for jobs there, pop down for Career Fairs, or whatever.  Houston is where we were going.  We went through about 15 towns in Houston and Dallas, but We would look for houses, then Schools, then shopping all that stuff... 1 year later God showed us the error in our ways, by providing us with HIS will and not ours.  He told us to go to Wooster Church.  <-- Did you see that?!?!  He told us to go to the church.  Not a house, not a school, not a target, not a cold stone creamery, not to Microsoft, not to Dell, not to BP.  I was outside mowing listening to Brian Houston of Hillsong.  He was talking about moving away from one of God's churches to go to the big city, where you will certain make more money, have a nicer house, drive a nicer car, have more things to do (Houston, Houston, Houston, Houston, Houston, or Columbus).  Then he said that is all fine and well, until little johnny is living on the streets hooked on drugs, or in a gang.  He talks a lot about God leading you places and you need to put your human desires away and stinkin listen when God tells you what to do.  another preface to this.  I have about 500+ different podcasts and sermons on my Ipod.  When I go to do something I pretty much select at random and know either I am going to learn about photoshop, Wooster Church Worship, or hear some powerful teaching like this.  So to make a shorter story shorter, I let go of the mower (yes it shuts off) and walked in the front door, just about as fast as I could get there, and said "Jayme, we have to go to Wooster"  I will enter in a comment for her, but neither of us had planned on that area, and quite frankly were not open to that area.  We just didn't want to go there.  We have been there!!!  haha  but if I would have asked her 20 minutes before that she probably would not have been very great about it, because of all the headache we put ourselves through, researching different areas, and talking about it, and just plain STRESSING about it.  But when I said that, she was like "ok."  I don't really remember much after that but I do remember a peace coming over me/us.  It was as if we were focused on a Church/God's plan, and everything after that will come in his time.  Imagine that... What a crazy idea!  HaHa  I have , no joke, heard that 30,000 times over the past 27 years sitting in church.  But a lot of stuff that I have heard all my life is really starting to set in and become TRUTH in my life.  I have just heard it and believed it, but didn't KNOW what it meant.  Unbelievable the things that God shows me everyday that he has obviously been trying to get me to learn for so long.  I guess I really am a learn it the hard way kid, but I try my hardest not to be.  "The Person who learns from his mistakes is a very smart person, but a person who learns from other people's mistakes is even smarter."  Rick Warren.  I want to feel sad about that, because I have wasted so many good years, and good opportunities in my life.  But I know God (as Pastor Nathan @ Wooster Church says) doesn't work in "toos".  God doesn't believe in "too late", "too old", "too much of a heathen" (sp?), you get the point.  So on the other hand, I feel blessed that much over that I am not 65 learning this.  (Not that 65 is old or anything! GEE) . 

This one will be the long edition for Saturday Morning.  No more Saturday Morning Cartoons, it CBS's Saturday Morning guy who rambles too much. 

69 days until I quit my job...


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 How God is at work in my life... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek.