0

67 Days until I quit my job...

Posted by Jeremy on 4:33 AM

Yes, you are correct there was no 68 days...  I got to sleep in, and once I woke up... yup life happens!  And thats the best part.  Life happening enough to keep you away from your normal routine is really actually awesome.  It seems at the time as if it is a whirlwind taking you away without control, but for some reason yesterday it wasn't.  Maybe it was just the fact that I am realizing that they are leaving for 2 months, but I had the best day in 5 years probably.  I started my day off with changing Julianne's diaper and went on to play exercise just to make her smile (not that that was tough).  But my point is, I didn't let me routine drive me, which is normally what takesover from about 0400-1000 am.  I had no joke an incredible day.  There were points where my routine and whatever it is inside of me that says "you are wasting time, you have too much to do right now!", that poked jabs at me all day long but it wasn't anything that could take me away.

I often realize in the 11th hour how I have missed an opportunity.  I look back over friendships and work stuff and see them all the time.  I can only hope to learn from those mistakes.  I believe I put that quote in my last blog from Guy Kawasaki.  So I wont do it again.. But wow is it true. 

Anyways, I appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers through this really crazy time for our family.  Please think and pray for Jordan during this time too, not only because he will be away from his dad for a while, but because this is his second move in a year, and he is needing some security.  It took 8 months for him to start enjoying his life we have made for him in New Mexico.  He still loves England and talks about the brown house.  I believe he still believes we are going back to the brown house.  That is really all he knows in his life.  That is where he spent the first 3 years of his life, and I believe we need to get him that security so he can focus on being a kid, and not wondering when we are going to move again, or where his toys are going now.  He has met and left a lot of people he loves, and it kills me to watch him say goodbye to these people, and not really realize that he will 9 time out of 10 not see these people again.  Yesterday he had to say goodbye to Pastor Darwin, Pastor Wally, and Angela his sunday school teacher, and when I told her this was his last sunday, we both started crying like babies... but Jordan just wanted to show me his Jesus and John that they had made out of clothes pins.  He just really doesn't understand.  And I know from the past that this time next year he will still be asking where Kyle and Miss Autumn are.  He attaches himself to great people that he spends his time with, and loves them. That is really hard to me to deal with, and I hope and pray this will be the last move until all of our kids can understand we are going to be taking them out of high school to go coach football at a college 3 hours away... (name that movie)  but you get the point.

67 Days until I quit my job...


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 How God is at work in my life... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek.