0

73 Days Until I quit my job...

Posted by Jeremy on 4:28 AM

Honestly, Anybody who knows me, knows I couldn't pass up this chance to throw a little Longhorn love towards the Buckeye Nation.  Well here goes,

To the Ohio State Buckeye Nation, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO PLAY 60 MINUTES.  The game of NCAA Football does not have a 10 rule run.  This is not your backyard wiffle ball.  You need to play the rest of the game and hey, maybe, just maybe do some research on the team you had 8 weeks to prepare for.  Maybe realize that they are going to take your weak points that are on the game tapes from all season.  Maybe look at those weak points and switch some things around.  Wow, I would be embarrassed to show my face back on Campus after the second year in a row, you had your heineys handed to you. But hey, you scored 10 more points than the Florida game.  From the half buckeye in me, "There's always next year, to blow it in the big game".  But don't think you are going to get past USC that easy.

On to my 73 days left, I applied for a Lockheed Martin job yesterday after speaking with a Military relations recruiter.  The Lockheed Martin organization is exactly what I would be looking for to get involved with.  They are on the cutting edge of technology, they provide incredible benefits to include a "pension".  They are totally involved in providing the best of the best for their employees from life insurance, medical, matched 401K, and more.

I am excited about the opportunites ahead of us.  Again, my family has been so supportive about me getting school work done, and learning as much as I can. 

God speaks to me everyday showing me the way.  Here is just a quick example of what he showed me this morning. Just a Preface, I am not very optimistic, and if it wasn't for God, Jayme and Joel Osteen then I wouldn't be much for nothing!  :)  But here was my message first thing this morning:

This is taken from "Today's Word with Joel and Victoria Osteen" I get in my inbox every morning.

Expect Good Things

Today's Scripture

"Surely goodness and loving-kindness will follow me all the days of my life…" (Psalm 23:6).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

What are you expecting today? Are you expecting to rise higher in life? Are you expecting good breaks? Are you expecting goodness to follow you everywhere you go? If you are expecting to get the short end of the stick, your own wrong thinking will keep you in mediocrity. Remember, God will meet you at the level of your expectations. Pay attention to what you are thinking about and make the choice to believe God for good things. Every day, imagine there are blessings, favor, increase, and promotion in your path. They already have your name on it! It's just a matter of time before you come across them. Start confessing everyday "Something good is going to happen to me today." Stand strong when trouble comes, knowing that your best days are ahead. Believe that God's blessings will overtake you! Expect goodness and mercy to chase you down. If you'll learn to raise your level of expectancy, God will pour out His blessings and favor on you. You'll rise to new levels and live the life of victory He has in store.

I couldn't say any better myself.  I get all kinds of signs like this, to include yesterday, When I spoke with the Military Relation Recruiter, and out of 4-5 recruiters, I just so happened to have the Retired Chief Master Sergeant from the Air Force.  He spent 8 years of his career in England, and has been to Cannon, and he has worked with the staffing department for the IT department. 

I dont think that is a coincedence.


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 How God is at work in my life... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek.